TYPES OF CLIENTS I SEE FOR PSYCHOTHERAPY:
Individual Therapy: I provide individual therapy for all ages, from children to adults.
- My work with children often focuses on providing support and encouragement for the child in conjunction with their families, helping the entire unit to work together to overcome obstacles, manage stressors, and effectively communicate.
- When working with adolescents, common themes include friendships, family stressors, life changes (both internal and external!), and their developing identities. Parents are often included, depending on the individual's difficulties and needs.
- Young adults often reach out for support in navigating the challenging transition into adulthood. This includes college-related issues, questions around identify, financial shifts towards independence, and relationship issues
- In my individual sessions with adults, my role is to support their growth and development towards reaching their full potential. This often includes challenging negative self-talk, learning concrete and applicable skills to manage daily stressors, and working through issues related to work, relationships, and self.
- Family Therapy: My sessions with families often include both siblings and parents. During sessions, I provide a neutral support for each family member, helping them to work together towards a better understanding of family dynamics and roles and improve the overall communication. Together, I support them in learning and practice new strategies to implement into home life.
- Couples Therapy: My sessions with couples typically focus on developing effective communication skills to assist with understanding and conflict resolution, leading to increased fulfillment for both partners.
- Group Therapy: I often offer groups focused on specific themes. These include, but are not limited to anxiety, self-care, and social skills. Updated group offerings to come!
- Supervision: I offer weekly art-therapy supervision for current students during their internship placement as well as recent graduates, while they work towards licensing. For additional information, don't hesitate to reach out!
THERAPY- HOW I WORK:
I work part-time in private practice, providing office-based psychotherapy services to clients of all ages.
Through creating a safe space for clients to explore issues both past and present, I provide the support for you to begin working towards a deeper level of self-awareness. This ultimately leads to growth, healing, and the alleviation of stress.
During therapy sessions, I use my background and training in Creative Arts Therapy, Mindfulness, and EMDR practices in conjunction with more traditional verbal psychotherapy. Utilizing these varied modalities allows me to meet each client where they're at, creating a therapy experience catered specifically for their particular situation and personality.
- Trauma and PTSD
- Behavioral/Relational Issues
- Life transitions
- Mental Illness
- Anger Management
- Coping Skills
- Emotional Disturbance
- Relationship Issues
- Academic Underachievement
- Family Conflict
- Social Difficulties
- Sexual Abuse
- Suicidal Ideation
- Sexuality issues