Schedule your free phone consultation today!
I offer all potential clients a free 20-minute phone consultation. This initial conversation provides you with the opportunity to ask questions, learn more about therapy, and ultimately decide whether this will be the right therapeutic fit…without the pressure of financial obligation. Studies show that the therapeutic relationship is one of the most healing aspects of treatment and I couldn't agree more! That said, it's so important that you choose a therapist that feels like the right fit for your personality and needs, as the quality of our relationship significantly affects our work together. During the consultation, you are free to share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. All information is confidential. If at the end of our call, it's not the right match, I’m more than happy to connect you with someone who better meets your needs.
Here are some questions you may want to consider during your initial consultation:
- Experience with issues similar to mine?
- Approach to contact in-between sessions?
...After the consultation, ask yourself the following questions:
- Did I feel comfortable speaking with the therapist? Will I be able to honestly express my feelings, thoughts, and concerns? (keep in mind that it takes time to build trust)
- Did I feel heard and respected?
- Do I resonate with the therapist’s style? Are they passive or active? Will that work for me?
Remember, these are just suggestions. The consultation is a process to support you in mindfully choosing a therapist...the questions vary as much as the individual.