Today marks the 1st day of spring! Although the streets are still lined with unmelted snow, the warmth from the sun is certainly giving the city a new and refreshed spring-time feel. I don't know about you, but I'm ready! This is the season of new life and growth. As you go about your day, try to make an effort to be present and mindful of your surroundings. Appreciate the bird's chirping and buds slowly pushing their way through the soil. How can you incorporate this growth into your own life?
Try incorporating something new to really embrace the seasonal-spirit. Here are some ideas to help spring you into action..
- Buy a new plant- add some life to your space
- Begin a daily mandala practice
- Buy a new journal--and write in it each day
- Get a little extra sleep-- we're always more tired as the seasons shift
- Try cooking a a new recipe, something that will really nurture you
- Dedicate 5 minutes each am to a meditation practice
- Stretch before bed (and when you wake if you're really feeling ambitious!)